Stunts and Jumps Show with international Stunt & Wheelie Champion, Julien “RazorBack” Welsch, who joins us all the way from France to show us how it’s done!
Clarion Events UK are thrilled to announce the launch of South Africa Bike Festival, powered by Discovery Channel, to be held at the newly rejuvenated Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Gauteng. From Friday 27 May to Sunday 29 May 2016, Kyalami will open its gates for 3 days of fun-filled live music and entertainment, new adventures, leisure pursuits and all things engine, petrol and motorcycling!
The event aims to become South Africa’s Premier Motorcycle, Music and Lifestyle Festival that will showcase entertainment for families as well as educate and encourage the new youthful market about safe and responsible motorcycling. Over 20,000 visitors will have the unique opportunity to experience the brand new circuit facilities at the newly refurbished and much anticipated re-opening of The Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit.
Together with the manufactures, associated brands and industry members, Clarion Events UK aim to combine event entertainment experience, international media partnerships and local market expertise to ensure the festival becomes THE MUST ATTEND annual motorcycle show in Southern Africa. The festival will offer entertainment, action, products, services and information to consumers and the trade.
Focusing the event on safe biking, South Africa Bike Festival will provide visitors with the opportunity to experience the benefits of biking in a safe and controlled environment, direct from the brands and experts. From young children through to the retired, there will be an opportunity to try, ride and buy motorcycles as well as see and be part of other motorcycle related pursuits.
Nicole Muller, Portfolio Director at Clarion Events adds: “Our long term aim in creating this event will be to drive awareness to a potential new target audience each year and create a sustainable, annual and internationally recognised brand that will bring together the experienced and the young motivators to encourage and grow a new generation of motorcyclists in South Africa and beyond”.
Headline media partner, Discovery Channel and confirmed manufacturers BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, Polaris, Linhai, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, SYM, KTM, Can-Am, Husqvarna and Ducati, to name a few, are looking forward to showcasing their brands alongside exciting live music and celebrities, motorcycle parades, custom bike competitions and displays, as well as stunt and enduro-cross entertainment, local food and drink and much, much more!
“We are incredibly excited to be partnering with the inaugural South Africa Bike Festival,” said James Gibbons, EVP & Country Manager, Emerging Business, Discovery Networks CEEMEA. “Turbo is one of the biggest programming genres on Discovery Channel, so South Africa Bike Festival presents a great opportunity to reach out to new and existing local viewers who love everything fast and furious!”
Clarion Events UK are calling all sponsors/exhibitors/food trucks interested in partaking – contact the team today by emailing Kasia on Kasia.Pienaar@clarionevents.com. Ticket prices start from R190 and for more information on the South African Bike Festival visit www.southafricabikefestival.com
Tickets go on sale @ 9am on Monday, 25 January and visitors are encouraged to register via the website for the early-bird ticket specials.
Festival times announced:
Friday, 27 May: 11h00-21h00
Saturday, 28 May: 10h00-21h00
Sunday, 29 May: 09h00-17h00
Ticket prices include:
Kids under 12 – FREE
Standard – R190
Standard Family (2 adults, 2 teens) – R 600
VIP Pit Roof Village – R 950
All tickets include:
- Kids under 12 go FREE
- One-day access to either Friday, Saturday OR Sunday (27-29 May)
- On-site bike park access within the festival grounds
- Custom Bike Show – “The South African Championship” with internationally recognised master-builder and judge, Mario Kyprianides from Chopper Kulture.
- Live Music from Kahn Morbee from the Parlotones on the Friday, Gangs of Ballet and Reason headlining on Saturday and Majozi and Cindy Alter performing on the Sunday
- Speed Queen Racing Academy brings you Scooters & Commuters Riding School with Sym, Honda & Suzuki PLUS a Honda giveaway with Pretoria News and The Star Motoring!
- Bike Action with the Le Riche Brothers and Monster Energy
- Stunts and Jumps Show with international Stunt & Wheelie Champion, Julien “RazorBack” Welsch, who joins us all the way from France to show us how it’s done!
- Kids Action including pocket bike rides and racing scooters
- “The Pride of Ownership Classic Bike Viewing Deck” with the Classic Motorcycle Club JHB
- Leading Manufacturers in the Pit Garages including KTM, Ducati, Harley Davidson, Yamaha, BMW and MORE!
- BMW Adventure Enduro Course
- Retail and Shopping Accessories Hall
- “Eat Street” serving everything from ice-cream, coffee, burgers and tacos
Top-up your order with the following:
- Car park, Top Up for R20 (proceeds go to Ride for a Reason)
- Helmet, Gloves, Jackets and Shopping Storage, Top Up for R20 (proceeds go to BikeSA Charity)
- Circuit Test Rides powered by Michelin and The Superbike School from over 10 of SA’s top manufacturers (COMING SOON!) Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to hear more! Rides range between R50-R160.
- Sunday Mass Ride, Top Up for R20 (proceeds go to Ride for a Reason)
- Two and Three Day Tickets – please contact 086 1000 291 for R65 saving per day attending